Sunday, June 14, 2020

Nautical Themed

With the love of Norway, they are very nautical themed country. I have many ship and nautical items in my house, which have been passed down over time. My grandfather was a Norwegian seamen, and when he came to Canada, he was always on the ocean with his hand made boat. Nautical has been part of my families decor for many many years. 

I found some fabric from a gal who was clearing out her stash, and i thought... i should find something Nautical to use on it. I found this small quilt pattern online from All people quilts.

Most of the fabric is a broadcloth, with 2 patterned fabrics, one with a yellow with boats and the other is the diamond shaped nautical prints.  I used my walking foot with this and my choice of threads was white and blue. I was really happy with the result of this quilt.  


Here is some close ups of the nautical star



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit me at my new webpage !

Yup finally, I have moved to a new webpage.  Dedicated towards all my art !  Visit me at  Alittlebitofnordic