Sunday, June 14, 2020

Welcome to A Little Bit of Nordic

Welcome to A Little Bit of Nordic

My name is Christina (Chris), i am all things Nordic !  Since a kid, i have been fascinated by my Norwegian heritage, and was raised in Canada, as a Canadian-Norwegian.  A little bit of Nordic became my craft business back in 2005. This is where I starting sewing unique gifts for the Scandinavian community of Vancouver. I still enjoy things Nordic, however my true love has been anything Hawaiian themed. 

I became quite fascinated and appreciative of quilting and fabric arts, as i spent a good chunk of my childhood in Honolulu. I have a love for Hawaiian styled items, the beach and anything to do with surf, sun and specifically pineapples. Pineapples are a Hawaiian symbol of "Welcome" it symbolizes hospitality, warmth and friendship.

As we were in Hawaii a lot as I was a kid, my Mum use to like to shop and sew. We were constantly in and out of gift shops, quilting shops and fabric stores. Admiring the Hawaiian styled prints. I have always had some Hawaiian clothing in my days. In 2012, I made a trip back Waikiki to visit with many of my parents friends and spread some of my Dad's art around after he had passed away. It was the last trip i made and I was lucky enough to be there during a very large Hawaiian quilt show.  Every since then, I kept thinking about it and have collected patterns and fabric, but still haven't taken on many large projects as of yet.

Other tidbits about me besides sewing!   I cycle and swim, running a bike club in New Westminster and getting ready to swim in an Ultra swim event in 2021.  My sewing is my relief from all the stress in life that seems to follow me with working full time as CTO, and trying to keep up with training, and my 3 parrots (Pika, Pippin & Oliver) !
I enjoy spending time with my friends, and giving back to the ones that have supported me over my chaotic life !  



 
  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit me at my new webpage !

Yup finally, I have moved to a new webpage.  Dedicated towards all my art !  Visit me at  Alittlebitofnordic