Sunday, June 14, 2020

Some first quilting fun - Atomic Stars

My first big project I took on was the Atomic Star quilt. I found it to difficult at first, as i had never done foundation paper piecing, but with guidance from a friend, it did come together very slowly. 

This piece because a wall hanging instead of bed quilt. I used a 1950 style layer cake and a vintage white bedspread, that originally had come from Germany 20 plus years ago. 

Because my friend is a vintage type of gal, i felt it was perfect to recycle in an old fabric. 
The stitching I used was in the ditch to go around the diamonds, and then did some straight stitching to outline the starts.  Since this was my first really project, my friend suggested to keep it simple and use a walking foot. 
Here are some pictures of the Atomic Star Wall hanging.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit me at my new webpage !

Yup finally, I have moved to a new webpage.  Dedicated towards all my art !  Visit me at  Alittlebitofnordic