Sunday, June 14, 2020

Foundation Paper Piecing - The Pink Skull

One of my co-workers had asked me to try and find skull pattern, as he would like a quirky skull blocks made into a queen size quilt.  This is my practice square, which is 10"sq.

I used left overs, i found this pink giraffe spot patterned fabric which i made a skirt for my giraffe obsessed godchild, Erin.. so i thought, i like the texture of the pattern that gives the skull a bit of crackle look to it.

I used pink silk thread with my walking foot, this has become a table mat for my co-worker, since she is into pink, and skulls! I found the pattern on Etsy, and it was fairly easy to put together, the black fabric has some stretch to it.. so not ideal, but for a sample, it worked quite fine.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit me at my new webpage !

Yup finally, I have moved to a new webpage.  Dedicated towards all my art !  Visit me at  Alittlebitofnordic